Last modified: January 7, 2021
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Company’s mobile application (the “App”); and Company’s practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in, by, and/or through the App and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the App, and through our website and/or social media networks including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, and LinkedIn.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps, including, without limitation, websites you may access through this App; and
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (seeThird-Party Information Collection).
Our websites and other apps, and these other third parties, may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 18
The App is not intended for children under 18 years of age; additionally, Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 years of age. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 years of age without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 16 years of age, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- directly from you when you provide it to Company (“Information You Provide To Us”);
- automatically when you use the App (“Automatic Information Collection and Tracking”); and
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this App, We may ask you to provide information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as full name, date of birth, email address, telephone number, or college/university identification number and photo (collectively, “Personal Information”); and
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as:
- bank account information; and
- other financial information.
Information You Provide To Us includes, but is not limited to:
- information that you provide by filling in forms in the App, including, but not limited to:
- information provided at the time of registering to use the App, subscribing to our services, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the App; and
- bank account information, financial information, and credit information;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses, phone numbers, and text of all correspondence), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- details of transactions you carry out through the App and all information related thereto including, without limitation, all financial transactions and loan servicing information. You may be required to provide financial information before utilizing the App and during your use of the App;
- your search queries on the App;
- your loan and financial history with the App; and
- when you register yourself on the website or on social media networks for requesting information from Company or otherwise consenting to receiving contact or other information from the Company.
You may also provide information for publication or display (“Posted”) on public areas of websites you access through the App (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and/or use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including, without limitation, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including, without limitation, the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device. This App collections information about Your location while using the App to verify you are located in a state We serve and to ensure compliance with various laws, rules, and regulations.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the App or delete it from your device. Note, however, that opting out of the App’s collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on or through this app and how we respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include, but not be limited to:
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
- Our partners and service providers.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this App. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. Our Terms of Service provide links to our partners’ and service providers’ privacy policies, including whether they allow you to opt out of advertisements and/or data collection.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us or that is otherwise provided to us, including, without limitation, any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from Company.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account, including, without limitation, expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out Company’s obligations and enforce Company’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Carry out Company’s obligations imposed by various laws, rules, and regulations relating to the lending and/or transmitting of money and/or loans.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services Company offers or provide though it.
- Verify your identity.
- Access your bank account for debits and credits, and to check balances.
- Check your credit records and make reports to credit reporting agencies.
- Send articles of interest or that might be of interest to you.
The usage information We collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling Company to:
- Estimate Company’s audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing Company to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
- Make improvements to the App and the products and services offered through the App.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, seeYour Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, We may disclose personal information that We collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support Company’s business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about Company’s App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, seeYour Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Company when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce Company’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Company, including the App Terms of Service and for billing and collection.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, Company’s customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to Company. This section describes mechanisms We provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information.You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company.If you do not want us to use your email address to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Targeted Advertising by the Company.If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting Us at email@example.com.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing.If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
2222 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Miami, FL 33134, United States, firstname.lastname@example.org
To register a complaint or concern, please see paragraph 1(R) in our Terms of Service:bucksapp.com/tos.html.